The Company, Catholic Health Australia Limited, is established for purposes of advancing health, social, and public welfare as the national advocate for the healing Ministry of the Catholic Church in Australia. By supporting the service capacity and promoting the Catholic identity of its members, it contributes to the fulfillment of the Mission of the Catholic Church. Through advocacy, Catholic Health Australia pursues direct benevolent relief of illness, direct benevolent relief of the needs of the aged, and direct benevolent relief of poverty as a social determinant of health.
Catholic Health Australia Shared Purpose Statement
"A Samaritan came near the man who was beaten, and when he saw him, he was moved with compassion."
Recognising the many diverse expressions of the healing ministry, Catholic health, aged, and community care services share a common vision grounded in the mission of the Gospel so that our shared future is strengthened.
As a ministry of the Catholic Church, our work is inspired by the person and mission of Jesus, who embraced the world with compassion to bring justice and healing.
We respond to God's call to bring alive the Gospel vision, for the good of all in the communities we serve.
We believe in the sacredness of life and we share the joys and hopes, the griefs and anxieties of those who come to us in their vulnerability and need.
Like the Good Samaritan:
• We commit to show love and respect for those we serve and all who work with us, regardless of faith, culture, ability, or status.
• We commit to be attentive to the whole person – body mind, and spirit.
• We commit to serve all with the best wisdom, resources and attention we can offer.
• We commit to hear and have heard the voices of all, especially those who are weakest, most vulnerable, neglected and stigmatized in our society.
• We commit to reach out with compassion so every encounter is an opportunity for healing, companionship, comfort, and hope.