The Code of Ethical Standards is addressed to all health care practitioners working in Catholic health and aged care organisations.
Print copies of the Code of Ethical Standards can be purchased by clicking the link below or it can be downloaded for free.
Many people working in Catholic Health Australia facilities are unaware of the Code of Ethical Standards. Small pocket cards can be distributed to introduce people to the Code. To request copies of the pocket card, please contact Deborah Reynolds on 02 6203 2777.
Decoding the Code
An online program on ethics in the Catholic health and aged care sectors to enable professional development and staff formation in the; Code of Ethical Standards for Catholic Health and Aged Care Services in Australia (2001). The course is jointly operated by Catholic Health Australia and BBI- The Australian Institute of Theological Education.
What you will learn
- Competence in identifying effective processes for resolving ethical problems;
- Competence in applying the CHA Code of Ethical Standards;
- A deeper appreciation of the Catholic ethical vision and its core principles;
- An understanding of the nature of ethics and ethical problems;
- An ability to analyse and respond to specific cases especially those common in Catholic health and ages care;
- Access to resources to assist in addressing ongoing ethical challenges.
About the course
The eight-session course will:
- Be based on the principles of adult learning and best practice in online pedagogy;
- Incorporate multi-media content from experts around Australia;
- Integrate ethical principles via case studies and the day today experience of participants;
- Support ethical practice in both eh clinical and wider organisational environment;
- Foster reflective practice;
- Require approximately two hours per session to complete (about 16 hours in total)
- Be uploaded fortnightly over a four month period;
- Offer access to feedback and group discussion via a tutor and an online learning community
Note: Some organisations arrange group meetings of participants to enrich the learning environment. The Director of Mission Integration within your organisation will be able to let you know if there is such a group where you work.
- $300 + GST (no gst for those in the Catholic organisations group for taxation purposes)
- Download the flyer and registration form (PDF).
Enquiries and registration
The program commences July 16, 2019
Online registration www.bbi.catholic.edu.au/Ethics
Contact: Belinda Srour
Phone: (02) 9847 0030